New Team Member: A Post From Clarence

7/01/2011 04:48:00 AM sendtheroths 1 Comments

Thanks for supporting me to do God’s will. I flew into Kigali in Rwanda— a country east of Congo (DRC), Africa. The past days have been spent trying to retrieve Amethyst Roth’s baggage, which was lost on its way over.

My journey to Africa was long and tiring, but amazing things happened on the way.

It started in Orlando’s international airport when I met a girl who had a condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). It is a neuromuscular disease characterized by degeneration of motor neuron, resulting in progressive muscular atrophy (wasting away) and weakness. The girl was only five-years-old. I asked permission to pray for her and the parent consented.
I prayed for her and the Lord gave me revelation of something I was supposed to share with her mother. The revelation was that one day her daughter was going to wake up and say, “I wanna walk,” and soon after she would be she has any religious beliefs at all. I decided to be obedient and tell her. 

Put yourself in my shoes-- I’m saying to myself, how am I going to tell this woman something so bold without knowing if she would walk or not.

But she said, “Amen, someone just told me the same thing.”

That was an awesome confirmation that gave the lady hope for her daughter’s healing.

After I got off the plane, I met a large group of young men and women who were also traveling to Africa on a mission trip. I asked if they would help me intercede with the women and young girl for her healing. The girl was filled with joy after we prayed for her. She was spinning around in her wheel chair and laughing.

“What did you do to her!” the mother exclaimed. Her mom saw an obvious change in her demeanor.

The mother invited me to spend the night with the family during my layover in Washington DC. I thanked her for the offer, but declined. I felt that there was more ministry to be done in the airport.

I struggled to discern what to do, so I prayed and felt the Spirit say that I had a choice: to be comfortable or be uncomfortable. I chose to be uncomfortable and slept on the floor in the airport.  

I met the group of young people again and found myself talking to two people in the group that were “outcasts.”  We stayed up all night and morning reading, praying, and just fellowshipping. I also ministered to people from other sectors of Christianity and allowed the Spirit to do a work that left an impact in their lives.
I ministered to them with power of the Holy Spirit and encouraged them to ignite a passion for the Lord and a passion for the lost.

It was a long-- but Holy Spirit filled trip. It taught me how to die to self and be obedient to the voice of the Lord.

Stepping outside of your comfort zone allows you to draw closer unto God. You never know… You can be the answer to someone’s prayer.

Walk on the water with faith and get uncomfortable. It is so worthwhile to witness transformation in people’s lives.

Pray for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, so that you won’t miss out on opportunities to bless people. It is always exciting to see the Spirit work and God to receive glory!

This is just the beginning of an awesome journey! 

Hebrews 12:25 says, “See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking.”

You refuse by default if you don’t know His voice

I won’t refuse…

1 comment :

  1. PRAISE GOD FOR YOU!! i HAVE BEEN WALKING W/THE lORD FOR 30 YRS.DONE IT ALL AFRICA TOO! NEVER STOP LISTENING TO H.SPIRI AND INTERCEEDING! THIS IS THE POWER OF GOD (THE REAL THING) MANY PREACHERS NEVER PREACH ON THE BLOOD! AND ARE FOO FOOING PEOPLE WHO PRAY TOO MUCH! WE TRULY ARE IN END TIMES!JESUS IS LEADING YOU!CONTINUE BEING BRAVE FOR JESUS NAME! YOUR REWARDS ARE UNSURMOUNTABLE IN HEAVEN!ANGELS KEEPING YOU! YOUR NAMES ARE IN BOOK OF LIFE AND GOD SO LOVES YOUR OBEDIENCE AND LOVE TOWD/ THE UNLOVELY AND FORGOTTEN!OUR PRAYER GO TO YOU! PASTOR PAT &DOUG BRAUND ORLANDO FL.

    ReplyDelete